John has been involved in commercial sales and leasing since 1997, providing his clients with marketing, transaction management, financial analysis, and lender services related to commercial real estate transactions locally and nationally. John graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 1993 with a BA Degree in Geography with a focus on Economic Geography and a BS Degree in Conservation and Resource Studies. John is a partner in Thornton Oliver Keller and was instrumental in the formation of the firm’s Investment Services Group.
John focuses on investment acquisition and disposition as well as retail leasing and sales. John also provides valuation and listing services to clients.
• 2003 to Present - Thornton Oliver Keller, Boise, ID - Partner and Broker
• 2001 - Perrier Group of Americas - $22 million in lease transactions for regional restructuring
• 2001 - Trammell Crow Company, San Francisco, CA - Broker
• 1999 - Onsite Access, San Francisco, CA - Director of Real Estate
• 1997 - Trammell Crow Company, San Francisco, CA - Broker
2017 transactions total approximately $18,500,000 in gross sales and lease value.
- Albertson’s - 44,000 sf single tenant NNN
- Einstein’s Oilery - single tenant retail (3 investment sales)
- Commercial Tire - single tenant NNN
- Former Peterson’s Chevy - 87,000 sf (auto dealership)
- Stonehenge Plaza - 50,000 sf retail investment (sold twice)
- Smoky Mountain Pizza - single tenant NNN
- Harrison Plaza Suites Hotel - 38 room hotel
- Sage Charter School -100,000 sf lease and purchase)
- Dorado Plaza - 21,500 sf multitenant office investment
- Dollar Tree - multitenant retail investment
- Logger Creek Apartments - 112 units)
- Ustick Marketplace - retail investment (sold twice)
- Numerous land transactions.
- Larry Miller Auto Group
- Capital Automotive (CARS)
- LS Capital, Inc.
- Smoky Mountain Pizza
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Bank of the Cascades
- Home Federal Bank
- CW Capital
- DL Evans Bank
- City National Bank
- Key Bank
- Sage Charter School
- The Salvation Army
- Foothills School
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Capital Matrix, Inc. Board Member, Executive Committee
- Retail Broker Network, Investment Sales Council Co-Chair
- Idaho Business for the Outdoors, Board member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), member
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce member, Financial Services Advisory Board member
- Past Chair - Board of Trustees Foothills School of Arts & Sciences
- City Club of Boise member
FAMILY, HOBBIES & INTERESTS
John resides in Boise with his wife and two children. They enjoy hiking, skiing, snowboarding, and biking.