Discover the Magic Valley
The Magic Valley in south-central Idaho is home to the thriving communities of Twin Falls, Jerome, and Sun Valley and includes Blaine, Camas, Twin Falls, Jerome, Gooding, Minidoka, and Lincoln counties. The combined population is approximately 206,000.
Located about 120 miles southeast of Boise and 200 miles northwest of Salt Lake City in the high desert, the Magic Valley boasts vibrant outdoor lifestyle opportunities, exceptional quality of life, and strong business growth. The area offers boating, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, base jumping, and more, at locations across the Snake River Valley, including Shoshone Falls, also known widely as the “Niagara Falls of the West”, the rugged Sawtooth Mountains, and picturesque Sun Valley.
Twin Falls and Magic Valley Business Growth
Corporate growth in the region has exploded in the past few years. Led by innovative, national brands such as Chobani, Clif Bar, and Jayco, business in the Magic Valley is strong across a variety of sectors. The area also benefits from Idaho’s incredibly low unemployment rate of 2.9%. One of the main drivers in recent business expansion is found in the manufacturing sector. Chobani is the latest in a series of food manufacturers to locate or expand in Twin Falls. Chobani’s facility, constructed in 2012 is the company’s largest factory and distribution center. Recently, Chobani also opened a 71,000 square foot innovation & community center to accompany its existing facility which already employs about 1,000 people.
The Magic Valley's higher educational opportunities are primarily facilitated by the College of Southern Idaho (CSI), a large community college with an enrollment of 8,330 students, located in Twin Falls. Boasting an educated workforce, a relatively low cost of living, and a business-friendly environment -- it's no wonder that both commerce and population are experiencing record levels of growth.
Get caught up on TOK's most recent insights into Idaho's commercial real estate markets here.
Magic Valley Agricultural giants and manufacturing powerhouses fuel solid growth.
Twin Falls Employment Statistics
Top Public & Private Employers
- Amalgamated Sugar Co.
- C3 Customer Contact Channels
- St. Luke’s Magic Valley Regional Medical Ctr.
- College of Southern Idaho
- Clif Bar
Magic Valley Community partnerships help drive unemployment rates that are lower than national metrics.
- 1.7 % Unemployment Rate: Twin Falls MSA (Dec 2021)
- 2.4% Unemployment Rate: State of Idaho (Dec 2021)
- 99,674 No. of Employed: Job Strength (Twin Falls MSA, 2021)
Drawing on a consumer base of +200,000, Twin Falls is the most urban of the region’s counties.
- 209,972 Magic Valley: Population Base (2022)
- 1.0% Twin Falls County: Est. Ann. Pop. Growth (2022)
- $58,046 Twin Falls County: Med. Household Income (2022)
Growth in Magic Valley continues to drive home values up year over year.
Magic Valley Real Estate Metrics
- 1,824 Single Family: Homes Sold (Twin Falls & Jerome Counties, MLS 2021)
- 51 Single Family: Condos Sold (Twin Falls & Jerome Counties, MLS 2021)
- $320,000 Median: Home Prices (Twin Falls County, MLS 2021)
The Magic Valley is home to a large base of notable and growing manufacturing and agricultural corporations.
Magic Valley Corporate Metrics
- 1.1 M sf Chobani World’s largest yogurt plant (2017)
- 4 Plants Glanbia World’s largest barrel cheese manufacturer (Idaho Preferred, 2019)
- $7 Billion Magic Valley Agricultural Goods & Services Generated (Southern Idaho Economic Development, 2021)