Boise Valley Information
The Boise Valley is not only home to Boise, the capital of Idaho, but also serves as the center of commerce, politics, population, cultural events, and the blue field that personifies the Boise State Broncos.
As a high desert community resting at the foot of the mountains, Boise is surrounded by thriving bedroom communities rich in their own histories and economies, bringing the metro area population to approximately 756,000. One of the fastest-growing metro areas in the nation, experts estimate the MSA population will exceed 816,000 by 2025.
The Boise Metropolitan Statistical Area is in Southwest Idaho and includes Ada, Boise, Canyon, Gem, and Owyhee counties. Cities include Boise, Meridian, Caldwell, and Nampa, as well as smaller towns and cities such as Garden City, Eagle, Mountain Home, and more.
Although Idaho is famous for the potato market, it has an equally vibrant economic environment for high-tech, healthcare, education, transportation, service, tourism, and retail industries. Many nationally and globally recognized corporations have a home in the valley including Micron Technology, Hewlett Packard, Fred Meyer, Albertsons, J.R. Simplot Company, MotivePower, Materne, LambWeston, and many others.
Get caught up on TOK's most recent insights into the Boise MSA commercial real estate market here.
World famous for its agriculture, Boise has an equally vibrant environment for a variety of industries.
Boise's Top Private Employers
- St. Luke’s Health System 7,000 - 7,999 employees
- Micron Technology, Inc. 5,000 - 5,999 employees
- Saint Alphonsus Health System 5,000 - 5,999 employees
- Albertson’s 3,000 - 3,999 employees
- Walmart 3,000 - 3,999 employees
- J R Simplot Company 2,000 - 2,999 employees
- HP Inc. 1,000 - 1,999 employees
- Fred Meyer 1,000 - 1,999 employees
- Idaho Power Company 1,000 - 1,999 employees
The Boise Valley is one of the largest metros in the Northwest and ranked #5 for fastest growing areas in the US.
Boise Household Statistics
- $565,000 Ada County Median: Home Value
- 2.8 % Boise MSA: Unemployment Rate (May 2021)
- $91,501 Ada County Average: Household Income (STDBonline 2020)
The Boise Valley serves as the center of commerce, politics, and cultural events for the region.
Boise Economic Statistics
- 795,268 Population: Metro Area (2022)
- #1 Economic Growth: Boise (US News, Best States Rankings 2021)
- #5 Top Emerging Industrial Markets: Boise (Commercial Edge, 2022)
The Boise Valley is a centrally positioned destination location for industry and talent relocation.
Boise Travel Statistics
- 26 Nonstop Destinations: Boise Airport (2022)
- 3.6 Million Travelers per year: Boise Airport (2021)
- 18 Minutes Average commute time: Boise Valley (BVEP, 2022)
The Boise Valley Includes several of Idaho’s most highly populated cities.
Boise Population Statistics
- 245,031 Population: Boise (2022)
- #1 & # 2 Best Run Cities in America: Nampa & Boise (WalletHub 2022)
- #15 Best Place to Live in the US Boise (US News 2022)
In the Boise Valley, 84% of the Boise Metro population is under the age of 65.
Boise Income Statistics
- $23.05 Metro Avg. Hourly Wage: Business climate (2021)
- 44% +$75K Household Income: Income Distribution (Boise, 2022)
- 68% White Collar Workers Employee profile (REGIS, 2022)