Eastern Idaho Information
The Eastern Idaho MSA consists of six counties and has a combined population of 353,524.
Idaho Falls is the largest city in eastern Idaho and serves as an economic hub to all of eastern Idaho and much of western Wyoming. The city of Idaho Falls is known for the Snake River greenbelt that flows through the center of the city. The city boasts world-class fishing on the Snake River and was recently named by National Geographic as one of the “100 Best Adventure Towns” in the US. Idaho Falls is surrounded by nearby Yellowstone National Park, Grand Teton National Park, and Jackson Hole.
Commercial Growth and Opportunity
Although Idaho is famous for agriculture, it has an equally vibrant economic environment for high-tech, healthcare, education, transportation, service, tourism, and retail industries. Many nationally and globally recognized corporations have a home in Eastern Idaho, including: Idaho National Laboratory, Melaleuca, Battelle Energy Alliance, CenturyLink and Idaho Steel. Eastern Idaho is consistently recognized as one of the top places in the country to do business, featuring a high quality of life, and offering numerous opportunities for entertainment and recreation.
Commercial development is booming in Idaho Falls, with retail development highlighted by activity at the area’s busiest intersection. The Sandcreek Commons development is a 300,000 square foot power center that is currently under construction. Office development has taken off near the river at the Taylor Crossing and Snake River Landing business parks, where Class A office buildings can be seen dotting the skyline. Job growth in Idaho Falls has outpaced that of Idaho and the entire U.S. in recent years, and business costs are 14% below the U.S. average.
Get caught up on TOK's most recent insights into Eastern Idaho's commercial real estate market here.
Eastern Idaho is a region typically associated with agricultural prowess, is generating breakout growth.
Top Public & Private Employers
- Idaho National Laboratory Melaleuca
- Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Ctr.
- Idaho Falls School District 91
- Ctr. Bonneville Joint School District 93
- City of Idaho Falls
- HAS Inc.
- Bonneville County
Eastern Idaho city, Idaho Falls Ranked #1 Best Performing Small City Economy by Milken Institute.
Eastern Idaho Employment Statistics
- 2.3 % Unemployment Rate: Bonneville County (August 2021)
- 2.9 % Unemployment Rate: State of Idaho (August 2021)
- 174,183 No. of Employed: Job Strength (E. Idaho MSA 2021)
Eastern Idaho has an unmatched quality of life paired with a vibrant business community.
Eastern Idaho Population Statistics
- 356,666 Eastern Idaho MSA: Population Base (2022)
- 2.5% Bonneville County: Est. Ann. Pop. Growth (2022)
- $66,535 Bonneville County: Med. Household Income (2022)
As a regional hub for industry and tech firms, residential real estate in Eastern Idaho enjoys strong metrics.
Eastern Idaho Real Estate Metrics
- 1,694 Single Family: Homes Sold (Bonneville MLS, 2021)
- 207 Single Family: Condos Sold (Bonneville MLS, 2021)
- $405,382 Median: Home Prices (Bonneville MLS, 2021)