Patrick Shalz joined Thornton Oliver Keller in December of 1996 and is currently a Firm Partner. He has been named Thornton Oliver Keller’s “Sales Person of the Year” or “Top Producer” ten times, in 2015, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2000, 1999. Pat’s professional accomplishments have also been recognized nationally, as a recipient of SIOR’s “Largest Number of Transactions” Award in 2011 as a 1st place winner and again in 2015 as a 39th place winner.
Born and raised in Boise, Idaho, Pat is a second-generation real estate broker and third generation Idahoan. He specializes in office investment acquisitions and sales, office leasing, flex-industrial leasing and tenant representation. Patrick graduated from Carroll College in Montana with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
Patrick’s professional career, prior to his entrance into the real estate industry, began in Long Beach, California where he negotiated labor contracts and coordinated production of the MD-11 Wide Body Jumbo Jet for McDonnell Douglas Aircraft/Boeing. Patrick mastered his negotiation and problem-solving skills as he interacted with international clients such as Japan Airlines, Federal Express, American Airlines, Delta Airlines and Swiss Air.
When Patrick and his family returned to Boise, he assumed the management of a $27 million real estate portfolio of self storage facilities located throughout the Northwest. Patrick has leased over 1,000,000 square feet of office space in Boise over the past ten years and has closed in excess of $68 million in leasing and investment transactions.
- HP Campus - 330,000 SF Multi-Building Campus
- C.W. Moore Plaza - 106,258 SF Class A High Rise
- Westgate North & South - 103,342 SF Two Building Complex
- University Plaza - 90,127 SF Class A High Rise
- Airport Center - 89,320 SF Five Building Campus
- One Front - 70,722 SF Class A Midrise
- Mahogany Business Park - 63,000 SF Multi-Tenant Development
- Owyhee Park Plaza - 50,520 SF Class A Midrise
- Micron Technology - Global semiconductor industry leader
- Clearwater Analytics - Web-based investment accounting
- US Ecology - Commercial/Government Environmental Svc.
- Boise Dialysis Partners - Medical Specialists
- Alaska Airlines - The Premier Airline
- MetaGeek - WiFi Experts
- SPF Water Engineering - Water engineering specialists
- State of Idaho - Dept of Health & Welfare-Pardons & Parole
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
In 2010-11 Patrick served as President of the Idaho Chapter of Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR). Patrick is a Commissioner on the Capital City Development Corporation and is also a candidate for the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM). Patrick was formerly on the Board of Directors for the Bishop Kelley Foundation and the Board of Directors for BOMA.
FAMILY, HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Patrick and his wife, Angie, live in Boise with their son and daughter, Ben and Lily.