Al Marino is one of Boise’s highest performing brokers and is one of the most prominent office specialists in Idaho. Al joined Thornton Oliver Keller in 2004 and became a partner in 2006, he served as Managing Partner from 2008 to 2010. Al has completed over 450 transactions with total consideration value in excess of $380 million. He was awarded “Top Producer” for the firm in 2006, the “Top Producer – Bronze” award in 2010 and was recognized with the “Top Producer – Third Place” award in 2011. In 2015, Al was ranked #46 in the worldwide SIOR “Top 100” office transactions.
With over 19 years of experience, his vast knowledge of the market is significant from both the owner/investor perspective to the tenant/user. Al has worked closely with diverse clients and his real estate savvy is valuable and noteworthy in property sales, leasing, site selection, acquisition, and disposition.
A veteran dealmaker, Al thrives when he is helping companies with facility decision making and he is committed to finding solutions to his client needs. Al has helped create and has been involved in some of the most significant deals in Boise. His vision and comprehensive value-add approach have been key to his success. Al’s work ethic, a vast network of contacts and A-list properties where he has successfully boosted occupancy, combined with appreciation and understanding of the subtleties of commercial real estate continually make him central to his client’s business needs.
Prior to joining Thornton Oliver Keller, Al was an office specialist from 1999 to 2004 with Colliers International. Before relocating to Boise, Al was the Product Manager with Adidas- Salomon/North America, Inc., and was responsible for launching several snow sports products such as “X-Scream”, which became the best-selling ski in the USA market.
Al received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Marketing from California State University, Sacramento. He holds a current real estate license in the State of Idaho and is an SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office Realtors) member.
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR), Member.
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM), Candidate.
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Advisory Board, Idaho Chapter.
- Endowment Land Transaction Advisory Committee (ELTAC), appointed by Governor Otter and the Idaho State Board of Land Commissioners.
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), Member.
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, Member.
- Idaho District 2 Little League, Umpire and Trainer.
- North Boise Little League, past Board of Directors, Coach, Umpire.
- Bishop Kelly Baseball - American Legion Board, President.
FAMILY, HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Al resides in Boise with his wife, Laurel, and two sons, Justin and Jack. His hobbies include skiing, cycling, golf and mountain sports.